Initiating, developing and co-ordinating policy and procedures corporately.
This section of People and Culture is responsible for initiating, developing and co-ordinating policy and procedures corporately.
Specific roles include:
- Establishing HR Policy
- Designing, developing and maintaining reward systems.
- Handling final stage discipline and grievance matters and appeals processes.
- Managing employee relations forums.
- Servicing the Management/Union consultation and negotiation process through Joint Negotiating Committees and the Joint Union Consultative and Negotiating Committee.
- Servicing University Committees established to deal with specific staffing matters.
At Ulster University we seek to create a culture that enables and supports our academic staff to develop their careers, optimise their potential and fully achieve their ambitions.
Research and Contract Staff
A number of provisions have been put in place to allow for the advancement of research/contract staff between the following grades:
- Research Associate to Research Fellow
- Research Fellow to Senior Research Fellow
- Senior Research Fellow to Professorial Research Fellow
To be considered for advancement between grades, criteria have been produced (as detailed below) which represent the minimum standards which will apply.
If you are considering your candidature for advancement, you have the opportunity to discuss the matter with, as appropriate, your Supervisor or Dean who, following discussions, will provide correct procedures, guidance notes and pro-forma should you become a definitive candidate.
The criteria should be read in conjunction with the relevant procedures.
Staff shall receive separate notification of the schedule applying to the submission of applications on each occasion.