Library Opening Hours
Campus libraries will be extending opening hours on a phased basis.
Monday 5th October onwards
In the first instance, late evenings will be on Monday and Thursday.
We are also extending the hours when our Library Help “Chat” service will be available.
Alternatively, use the Library Help service's fully searchable knowledgebase to answer any queries you may have or submit your own question.
The Virtual Library is open and our full range of e-resources are available online 24/7.
Visiting our Campus Libraries
Who can visit campus libraries?
Campus libraries are open to students and staff of the University.
What should I do before visiting a campus library?
Read the guidelines set out in the University's Return to Campus: Key information webpage.
What services are available?
- The 'Reserve and Collect' service allows you to request books in advance of coming to campus. Bookshelves will not be accessible to library users.
- Study Spaces (including Group Study Rooms).
- Printing, copying and scanning
- Help from Library staff.
- The Document Delivery service is available and books requested can be picked up in each campus library.
- Library staff can retrieve print journals and reference materials for you to consult. Please arrange in advance via email to Campus Library Managers.
- Library staff can retrieve materials from Special Collections for you to consult. Please arrange in advance via email to Special Collections.
- You will not be able to borrow a laptop at this time.
What measures are in place to provide a safe study environment?
- Library capacity and study spaces is reduced in each library and will be monitored by library staff. Study space capacity in each campus library is as follows:
- Belfast: 21
- Coleraine: 96
- Jordanstown: 250
- Magee: 74
- All areas are cleaned in accordance with University infection control guidelines.
- One-way systems and other social distancing measures are in place throughout each library.