This is the first time the LAGB is coming to Northern Ireland, in acknowledgement of the team’s strong presence in the UK linguistic community.
View the conference programme.
The conference will feature the following speakers and special sessions:
Maria Teresa Guasti (Università degli Studi Milano-Bicocca)
Henry Sweet Lecture 2022
Liina Pylkkanen (NYU)
Linguistics Association Lecture 2022
This year’s summer school will take place on the afternoon of Monday 12th September. It will include sessions on cognitive linguistics, language acquisition, diachronic syntax and attendees will have the opportunity to engage with the speakers. The host institution will lead a workshop on experimental design, and we invited ULAB to provide tips on how to turn your undergraduate work into an article. An informal networking event will take place at the end of the day.
- Language analysis in UK schools
- Descriptive and documentary work on languages with less-accessible description and documentation
- Linguistic distance in language reconstruction and language acquisition
- Advances and challenges in teaching linguistics at university
- Minoritized languages' impact on linguistic theory
- Contrastive focalization: Challenges and solutions
- Agents: Grammar or roots?
Sponsored by Cambridge University Press
Cambridge University Press will be offering a special discount on their books for attendees of the LAGB 2022 annual meeting.
Belfast Campus Location
The Belfast campus is situated in the artistic and cultural centre of the city, the Cathedral Quarter.
2-24 York Street,
This event has ended
Monday 12 September to Thursday 15 September
School of Communication and Media