ENHANCE Professional Development Scheme
Aligned to the UK Professional Standards Framework for Teaching and Supporting Learning in Higher Education (2011) and accredited by the HEA September 2015 - August 2018
Ulster University recognises the need to support and develop its staff in order for them to fully achieve their potential not only in the early stages of their careers but throughout their employment. This is being supported by a new approach entitled: ENHANCE@Ulster (a descriptor of the common ethos behind a range of accredited and non-accredited development opportunities aligned to the UKPSF).
The overarching ethos of ENHANCE@Ulster is to provide a supportive environment for all with a learning and teaching role, to develop, reflect and articulate their approaches to practice aligned to the UKPSF and which is institutionally relevant, sector informed, and underpinned by the following principles:
- Alignment to Ulster L&T Strategy
- Preparing, supporting and sustaining staff readiness to effectively support Ulster learners in higher education through a collaborative, learner-centred, active and participative model.
- To promote professional dialogue about L&T, within communities of practice at Ulster and beyond, in order to inform, develop and enhance practice.
The aim of ENHANCE@Ulster is to develop and recognise educators at Ulster who are responsive, student centred, innovative, effective, reflective, progressive, developmental, scholarly and leaders of L&T.
To facilitate this the ENHANCE PD&R Scheme has been developed to provide, a nationally benchmarked, process for individual staff to be able to demonstrate their professionalism and commitment to developing and enhancing teaching and learning support practices through gaining HEA fellowship in all categories:
- Associate Fellowship (AFHEA)
- Fellowship (FHEA)
- Senior Fellowship (SFHEA)
- Principal Fellowship (PFHEA)
By July 2016, 72% of academic staff at Ulster held a category of fellowship. In addition, growing numbers of professional support staff have been successful in making fellowship applications.
Why not hear from some of our applicants.
For dates of upcoming briefings and a booking link, click on: How to Apply
Further guidance on the ENHANCE PD&R Scheme and applying for fellowship is available below:
- ENHANCE PD&R Scheme: Initial Guidance Handbook
- ENHANCE PD&R Scheme: Application Process Stages
- ENHANCE PD&R Scheme: UKPSF Self-assessment Tool
- UKPSF: https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/UKPSF_2011_English.pdf
- ENHANCE PD&R Self-assessment for D1 (for those who are not directly involved in teaching)