Funded by: The HSC Research & Development Division
The Clinical Research Network was established to promote Northern Ireland’s involvement in large multi-centre trials and other major studies.
The primary activities of the Network include:
- Maintaining a portfolio of network studies.
- Assisting with processes involved in setting up a study, in particular ethical, regulatory and local research governance approval for clinical trials.
- Facilitating training and education.
- Ensuring that research opportunities are maximised within available resources.
- To promote research within Northern Ireland.
- To develop close partnerships and productive working relationships with key individuals and groups across the Network and the wider research community.
- To ensure that targets, including accrual of patients into trials, are achieved and maintained.
- Professor Gerard Leavey (Co-Lead, The Bamford Centre)
- Dr Ciaran Mulholland (Co-Lead, The Bamford Centre and Queen's University Belfast)