Product development and innovation is at the heart of growth but often needs costly technology support.
FUSION can help by providing support and funding to find a high calibre science, engineering or technology graduate to work on a project.
How FUSION works
The graduate is employed by you and is based in your company throughout the project (12 - 18 months) with mentoring from an experienced university academic or researcher and InterTradeIreland FUSION consultant.
FUSION is an InterTradeIreland programme and as an all-island programme, the university which you are partnered with must be based in the opposite jurisdiction to your business.
- 18 month support package
Worth up to £44,250/€52,800 typically in the area of new product/service development
- 12 month support project
Worth £31,000/€37,000 typically in the area of process improvement.
On average, each company taking part on the FUSION programme benefits from over £1 million worth of sales or efficiency savings in the three years following the project - FUSION can also help your company:
- develop or improve products, processes or services
- streamline business processes to increase efficiency and performance
- develop and implement new technologies, systems or processes
- improve capabilities in innovation, design and technology
- Reduce costs and increase sales
Ulster University and FUSION
Ulster University is the top provider of FUSION on the island of Ireland.
The FUSION team have extensive experience of working with businesses (view case studies) and will work with you to discuss your particular project and expertise required and support you in completing an application.
Go to Access Ulster to browse our facilities and equipment or search for relevant expertise or research.
Find out more
Find out more about how FUSION could help your business; if you have a potential project and want to discuss eligibility, expertise and facilities available please contact our knowledge exchange manager.
Innovation & Impact +44 28 9036 8603 firstname.lastname@example.org 26A27 - Jordanstown campus
- Manage, support and promote Ulster’s Knowledge Exchange product provision (Consultancy, Innovation vouchers and FUSION)
- Champion Knowledge Exchange, representing the university’s expertise and research capacity externally
- Contribute to Ulster’s impact agenda through the generation of knowledge exchange activity