At Ulster University we pride ourselves on delivering academic excellence with industry in mind.
We have always placed employability at the heart of the student experience and provide our students with the opportunities and support they need to develop into highly employable graduates. We believe in delivering programmes that can help students and graduates learn the life skills they need to prosper in their career.
With over 200 placement partners, we thrive on the knowledge that we are creating the work ready graduates of the future. In fact, 94% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduation (DLHE Survey, 2016/17).
Whether you’re an employer in need of some extra help or expertise, or a recent graduate looking to gain experience to kick-start your career then the Ulster University Graduate Internship Programme could be for you.
10 weeks of support for your business – at no cost to you!
The Ulster University Graduate Internship Programme could provide you with a graduate intern, fully funded for 10 weeks to lead on key strategic projects that will assist your recovery from the impact of COVID-19 and prepare your business for future growth. This programme is funded by the Department of the Economy.
- Organisations must be registered companies, sole traders and partnerships based in Northern Ireland.
- If successful, your intern will start no later than 25th January 2021 for 10 weeks.
- Bursary of £315 per week paid directly to the intern for 10 weeks, Ulster University will manage all payments.
- The programme will support 35 graduate internships with employer partners across a number of industry specialisms in Northern Ireland.
Closing date 14th December 2020.
Recent graduate? Kick-start your career and gain invaluable experience.
The Ulster University Graduate Internship Programme combines a paid work-based internship with a fully funded postgraduate module in Developing a Professional Identity.
- 2019 & 2020 Graduates who are resident in Northern Ireland and haven’t secured graduate level employment.
- 10 weeks internship starting by 25th January 2021 at the latest.
- Bursary of £315 per week for 10 weeks.
- Gain a graduate internship with a fully funded postgraduate module in Developing a Professional Identity from Ulster University.
- Only 35 internships across a number of businesses in Northern Ireland.
Applications for graduates will open on Wednesday 16th December 2020.
What our graduates say about the programme
‘I applied for the Graduate Internship Programme to learn new skills on the job, whilst completing my PGCert, and enhance my chance of employment within my internship organisation. I would encourage other graduates to apply to the Graduate Internship Programme.’
- Sam McCormick
‘I graduated virtually in the Summer of 2020, due to Covid-19 pandemic. At the time, I was left to feel as if my Business Studies Bachelor's degree was a waste of my time as many businesses were extremely affected and not many graduate jobs were available.
I then considered my options and I felt that I wanted to help businesses through this crisis which gave me a motivational boost when the opportunity came along to join a fully funded Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership.
It also shows the support that Ulster University give to graduates and is a fantastic experience to build new skills, take on new responsibilities and challenges, that I can look back on and be proud of. To other graduates that find themselves in a similar situation as myself, I would say don't think twice about it, take the opportunity that comes your way.
You will see that you have made the right choice because you are giving yourself a chance to build your experience, learn more about yourself and develop new skills by working alongside a Leadership mentor whilst tackling the impact of Covid-19 and supporting businesses to recover.’
- Brandon Lee Hemphill