BSc (Hons) / Masters of Optometry at Ulster University
Our Optometry programme is becoming increasingly popular with international students.
Key programme features include:
- You have the option of a 3-year BSc Hons Optometry or a 4-year MOptom Optometry.
- Small class sizes (typically fewer than 40 per year) mean that we can offer you a high level of support, and help you get the best learning experience possible.
- State-of-the-art clinical and research facilities are available for teaching and undergraduate research projects.
- You'll gain hands-on experience in the on-campus eye clinic in which students help to deliver a range of specialist eye care services to over 2,000 patients per year.
- You'll undertake placements in local hospital eye departments during the final year of your studies.
- The programme is accredited by the General Optical Council, UK.
2016/17 tuition fee
English language requirements
Most of our programmes require the following but we do accept other secure English language tests:
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent, with no band score under 5.5
- Trinity ISE: Pass at level III
Guaranteed university accommodation
You are guaranteed University accommodation if your accommodation application is submitted before 31 July 2016.
Practising optometry in Canada
Should you wish to practise in Canada you will need to secure a place on the International Optometric Bridging Programme (IOBP) at the University of Waterloo, once you have completed your pre-registration period and qualified for registration with the General Optical Council in the UK.