Part-time Tuition Fee Loan
From 2017/18 academic year, the Government will provide a tuition fee loan of up to£3,022.50for students studying on undergraduate part-time courses or full-time distance learning courses. The current fee grant support will also remain in place unchanged.
The Part-time Tuition Fee Loan will be:
- Non-means tested
- Reduced by the amount of fee grant entitlement
- Paid directly to the student’s Higher Education Provider (HEP)
- New and continuing students who are undertaking a part-tine undergraduate course in 2017/18 academic year may be eligible for the loan.
- Any student who has already received a part-time grant or loan funding from any source for 16 years will not be eligible.
- Loan is available for both NI and EU students.
- The course must be at level 4, 5 and 6 of the Framework for HE Qualifications for England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- The Part-time Tuition Fee Loan will be available for Higher National Certificates, Higher National Diplomas, Foundation Degrees and Undergraduate degrees.
- The Course must be at least 25% intensity level.
The loan scheme is scheduled to launch in June 2017, further details can be found via Student Finance NI.