Find out more information about how to apply to Ulster University.
- If you have been accepted onto a course, or have received a conditional firm offer (CF)*, you can apply for accommodation.
- Simply apply through the online accommodation portal. Register using your student "B" number, which will be emailed to all eligible students from early May. International or returning students can use an existing registration or "B" number if they have one.
- Once registered, pick three accommodation options (in order of preference) then submit your application.
- A £100 booking fee is then required. This is refunded if you don't accept the University's accommodation offer.
* If you have an eligible offer and apply by the 7 July 2016, you are guaranteed a room in university accommodation once you are accepted onto the course.
A. Funded International Students
Students who are attending Ulster University through a course which is fully funded i.e. your accommodation fees are being paid by Ulster University International Department or direct to Residential Services should apply using the APPLY NOW tab and choose the 'Overseas>Funded student' option which means you will not be required to make a payment when accepting your room offer. Any student who is receiving funding directly from their home institution to pay their accommodation fees should not choose this option.
NEED HELP? If you have any queries regarding your course, funding or arrival to Ulster University please contact the International Office and the team will be happy to help.
B. Pre-sessional AND Pre-sessional Plus students
These are students who arrive to Ulster University during the summer months to complete an English language course. The Pre-sessional Plus course provides further intensive English language teaching. Students are required to pay their own booking fee and residential fees. For detailed guidance on how to apply for accommodation see below:
- All students should first register their personal details and follow the Summer Student Route to Pre-sessional where an application should be completed.
- You will be notified of an offer by e-mail at which time you should log back in and go to Dashboard to either Accept or Reject the offer of accommodation. When you accept you will be required to pay for the pre-sessional period in full.
To book accommodation for the 2016/17 Academic year: 17 September 2016 – 3 June 2017
- Students remaining in university accommodation for the 2016/17 academic year must complete an application for the 2016/17 session. Students who have passed their Pre-sessional English course can remain in university accommodation for the academic year. If you have been contracted in advance for the 2016/17 academic year and have not passed the course, you will be released from your contract and any monies paid refunded.
- Please note that accommodation will be available from the end of the pre-sessional contract on the 12th September provided you have completed an application in advance for the new academic year.
- To submit your application for accommodation for the 2016/17 academic year you will be asked to pay £100 Booking Fee which becomes non-refundable once you accept an offer of accommodation.
- A charge for accommodation for the period from 12 September 2016 to the beginning of the new academic year on the 17 September 2016 will be included in the offer. When accepting your room offer you will be given a choice of payment options, a minimum upfront payment of £300 will be required in order to accept your accommodation offer.
IMPORTANT - Students who are residing in accommodation in the private sector for the 2016/17 academic year will be required to vacate their rooms by the 12th September 2016.
Students can apply for accommodation for Pre-sessional, Pre-sessional plus using the APPLY NOW tab.