Publication of Marks and Decisions
Key dates for the publication of marks and decisions.
Awaiting examination results can be both an exciting and anxious time.
After each examination period, we publish coursework and examination marks on our exam marks page.
|Assessment Period||Publication date|
|Semester 1 - Provisional marks (until approved by the Boards of Examiners)||11 February 2021|
|Semester 2 - Confirmed marks||9 July 2021|
|Supplementary Examinations (August Resits) - Confirmed marks||7 September 2021|
|Summer Teaching (Semester 3) - Confirmed marks||28 September 2021|
Provisional marks for Semester 1
Provisional marks for Semester 1 will be approved by Boards of Examiners later in the year. This is normally May-June.
However, please note that marks from formal Boards of Examiners held in January/February are confirmed marks.
Marks for Semester 1 will be published as subject to approval by Boards of Examiners later in the year, normally in May/June.
Marks for modules considered by Boards
Marks for modules considered by Boards of Examiners after 28 September will normally be published within three working days of the meeting of the Board.
Placement/intercalary year modules
For some placement/intercalary year modules marks do not become available until September.
Marks are withheld where confirmation of results is awaited from the external examiner.
Queries about your results
Any queries about your results should be addressed to your Studies Adviser or Course/Subject Director.
Birmingham or London
Special arrangements apply for students enrolled at Birmingham or London.
Marks for these students are published subject to confirmation by Boards of Examiners and marks may, therefore, be raised or lowered as a result of consideration by Boards.
Important information about getting your results
- it is your responsibility to find out your exam results
- exam results will not be given over the telephone
- exam results are withheld where a decision of a Board of Examiners is pending or confirmation of award is awaited from the external examiner(s).
- the consequences of failure are set out in the regulations for your course.
- students must check their Student Portal for their academic decision on the Progress/Award Decisions tile, marks will be available on the Examination Results tile.
Here is some additional information on:
Publication of Examination Boards Decisions
Progress Committees for Semester One
- Decisions on academic progress will be released to students in the Portal only.
- You should contact your Course/Subject Director if you are unsure when the Board of Examiners/Progress Committee for your course is to be held.
- Decisions for students studying at QAHE are released at various points in the year. If your decision is not available please contact your campus of study.
Student academic performance in Semester One is normally considered by Progress Committees. The majority of students proceed automatically from Semester One to Semester Two with no academic progress decision recorded. However, Progress Committees will make decisions on students who:
- have extenuating circumstances and are permitted a first sit/first sit of a resit in examinations or coursework later in the academic year; or
- have repeated work from the previous year and failed at the final attempt and are consequently required to withdraw from the programme.
For a small number of programmes a Board of Examiners will be held at the end of Semester One to consider recommendations for awards for students who have completed their programme, to progress students to the next year of the programme or to consider progress on pre-registration Nursing programmes.
Part time students who complete their course at the end of Semester One should note that the Board of Examiners may not be held until the Semester Two assessment period (May/June).
Decisions on academic progress for Semester One assessment will be published in the Portal within three working days of the decision being lodged in the Examinations Office. You are advised to check the Portal on a regular basis from the first week in February to check if a decision has been made on your academic progress.
Other Assessment Periods
A schedule for the publication of Boards of Examiners decisions will be available for Semester Two and supplementary assessment periods only, during the first week of each examination period. If the decision is not published by the set date you are advised to contact your Course/Subject Director.
Decisions will be available from 6:30pm on the published date, subject to External Examiner approval.