Dr Taiwo Oriola
Lecturer in Law
- School of Law
- Magee campus
- +44 28 7167 5239
Dr Taiwo Oriola is a lecturer in law, and course Director for LLM Commercial Law Programme at Magee campus. He has previously taught at Cardiff University School of Law. He holds a PhD degree from Cardiff University; an MA degree in Applied Ethics from Utrecht University; an LLM in Information Technology Law, from Stockholm University; an LLM in European Intellectual Property Law, from Stockholm University; an LLB degree with honours from Ife University; and a Postgraduate Certificate in University Teaching & Learning from Cardiff University.
He is the module coordinator for Intellectual Property Law (LAW335); Computer & Internet Law (LAW553); Internet Law & Policy (LAW735); Copyright & Information Law (LAW752); and International Intellectual Property Law & Policy (LAW736).
His research interests are in Intellectual Property Law & Policy; Information Technology Law & Policy; Technology Regulation & Policy; Internet Law & Policy; Computer Ethics; Technology Transfer; and Law & Ethics.
He was a research scholar at the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore; a visiting fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property & Competition Law, Munich, Germany; a visiting fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Law, Heidelberg, Germany; a visiting fellow at the Cegla Centre for Interdisciplinary Research of the Law, Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University, Israel; and an Erasmus fellow at the Ethics Institute, Utrecht University. He is also a fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy; a fellow of the Salzburg Seminar, Austria; and a member of International Association for Artificial Intelligence & Law.
Showing 1 to 10 of 17 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- The Limits of Regulatory Science in Transnational Governance of Transgenic Plant Agriculture and Food SystemsNorth Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial RegulationDate: (2014)
- Intellectual Property LawDate: (2012)
- "Bugs for Sale: Legal and Ethical proprieties of the Market in Software Vulnerabilities"The John Marshall Journal of Computer & Information LawDate: (2011)
- The Use of Legal Software by Non-lawyers and the Perils of Unauthorised Practice of Law Charges in the United States: A Review of Jayson Reynoso DecisionThe Journal of Artificial Intelligence and LawDate: (2010)
- Intellectual Property Lawcards 2010-2011Intellectual Property Lawcards 2010-2011Date: (2010)
- Ethical and Legal Analyses of Policy Prohibiting Tobacco Smoking in Enclosed Public SpacesJournal of Law, Medicine & EthicsDate: (2009)
- Strong Medicine: Patents, Market and Policy Challenges for Managing Neglected Diseases and Affordable Prescription DrugCanadian Journal of Law and TechnologyDate: (2009)
- Genes for Sale: Ethical Reflections on Donors' Proprietary Rights in Human Genetic DerivativesEthics, Law & SocietyDate: (2007)
- Against the Plague: Exemption of Pharmaceutical Patent Rights as a Biosecurity StrategyUniversity of Illinois Journal of Law, Technology & PolicyDate: (2007)
- The Propriety of Expert Ethics Testimony in the Courtroom: A DiscourseThe Journal of Philosophy, Science & LawDate: (2006)