Professor Paul McKevitt
- Faculty of Arts
- Research Institute
- Computer Science
- Magee campus
- +44 28 7167 5433
Paul Mc Kevitt is Professor of Digital MultiMedia at the School of Creative Arts & Technologies and member of the Computer Science Research Institute (CSRI).
He directed the International Loebner Prize 2013 Contest in Artificial Intelligence (AI) held during CultureTECH 2013 for the first time on the island of Ireland and is Vice-Chair of the University's Convocation Executive.
Paul has published numerous research papers in international journals, conferences and books, has been awarded three UK/international patents and is co-founder of a Magee campus spin-out company, HidInImage Ltd.
M.Ed. in Education, University of Sheffield, England (1999)
Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Exeter, England (1991)
M.S. in Computer Science, New Mexico State University, USA (1988)
B.Sc. (Hons.) in Computer Science, University College Dublin, Ireland (1985)
Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent MultiMedia, Creative Technologies, User Interface Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Affective Computing, Sentiment Analysis, Digital Empathy.
Showing 1 to 10 of 114 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- SceneMaker: creative technology for digital StoryTellingInteractivity, Game Creation, Design, Learning, and Innovation, Proc. of the 5th EAI International Conference on ArtsIT, Interactivity and Game Creation (ArtsIT-2016) and 1st EAI International Conference on Design, Learning and Innovation (DLI-2016)Date: (2017)
- Analysing emotional sentiment in people's YouTube channel commentsInteractivity, Game Creation, Design, Learning, and Innovation, Proc. of the 5th EAI International Conference on ArtsIT, Interactivity and Game Creation (ArtsIT-2016) and 1st EAI International Conference on Design, Learning and Innovation (DLI-2016)Date: (2017)
- Streaming Audio Using MPEG–7 Audio Spectrum Envelope to Enable Self-similarity within Polyphonic AudioTelkomnikaDate: (2017)
- A computational model of learners' achievement emotions using Control-Value TheoryJournal of Educational Technology & SocietyDate: (2016)
- 360-MAM-Affect: Sentiment Analysis with the Google Prediction API and EmoSenticNetInternational Conference on Intelligent Technologies for Interactive Entertainment (INTETAIN)Date: (2015)
- Pattern Matching Techniques for Replacing Missing Sections of Audio Streamed across Wireless NetworksACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST)Date: (2015)
- Intelligently Adaptive Mobile Interfaces for Older PeopleAdvanced Technological Solutions for E-health and Dementia Patient MonitoringDate: (2015)
- Broadcast Language Identification System (BLIS)Irish Machine Vision and Image Processing Conference (IMVIP)Date: (2014)
- Probabilistic indoor human movement modeling to aid first respondersJournal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized ComputingDate: (2013)
- A Self-Similarity Approach to Repairing Large Dropouts of Streamed MusicACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and ApplicationsDate: (2013)