Professor Neil Gibson
Director of the Ulster University Economic Policy Centre
- Economic Policy Centre
- Jordanstown campus
- +44 28 9036 8856
Neil Gibson is an experienced macro and regional forecaster and economic analyst. He founded his own forecasting company and worked as a Director for the leading global forecasting house Oxford Economics prior to taking up the role as the first Director of the Ulster University Economic Policy Centre.
Neil provides strategic leadership to the centre as Director. An experienced economic commentator, modeller and educator, he has built a wide range of forecasting models across the world and has a proven track record of translating complex forecasting work into policy relevant material and reports.
A regular contributor to PwC's Global Thought Leadership work on cities, Neil is also specialist advisor to EY on the island of Ireland. He has presented around the world at economic conferences and policy seminars. Neil is a regular commentator on economic affairs in national and regional press and media.
Recent and current projects:
- Lead on development of Centre macro-economic forecasting model for UK and Northern Ireland
- Corporation Tax modelling
- Skills forecasting for Northern Ireland
- Member of the Northern Ireland 'Economic Advisory Group'
- Member of the steering group for the Carnegie 'Wellbeing Index'
- 2014 Eisenhower Fellow