Judith Mullineux joined the University in 2004. She completed her primary degree in psychology at Ulster before qualifying in social work in 1990.
During this time she was employed by ‘Save the Children Fund’ as a Project Worker in a replacement to custody project and, later, as a Probation Officer with the Probation Board for Northern Ireland. Judith completed her Master’s in Professional Development in social work and her PhD exploring probation officers’ judgements regarding the likelihood of re-offending.
Currently, Judith is the Course Director for the ‘PgDip Professional Development in Social Work’. This course includes a variety of programmes which map to the professional CPD framework of the social work regulatory body in Northern Ireland. These programmes include: Adult Safeguarding; Practice Teaching; Probation studies; Initial Professional Development Programme; Individual Assessment Route.
Judith holds her professional Leadership and Strategic Award. She is an active member of the ‘Professional in Practice’ (PiP) Partnership committee in Northern Ireland and a member of the European Social Work Research Association (ESWRA). Judith is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- Professional decision making
- Probation practice
- Prison officer training and development.
- Development of programmes at the University in partnership with social worker employers (including Health and Social Care Trusts, Probation Board NI, Youth Justice Agency, Education Authority NI and voluntary organisations).
- Development of eLearning in social work education.
- Assessment design.
- Application of Personal Construct Psychology in learning, teaching and research.
Module Coordinator for ‘Introduction to life course psychology’.BSc Hons Social Work
Course Director for the PgDip Professional Development in Social Work which includes:
- Initial Professional Development Programme: Professional and inter-professional practice; Professional decision making; Professional practice in family and child care; Professional practice in physical disability and older people; Professional Practice in mental health and learning disability.
- Adult Safeguarding programme: Specialist practice in adult safeguarding; Collaboration in adult safeguarding practice; Enabling others in adult safeguarding; Achieving best evidence in adult safeguarding.
- Practice Teaching programme: Practice Teaching 1 & 2.
- Probation programme: Professional practice in probation studies; Specialist probation practice; Coll.aborative practice in probation; Managing and enabling change in probation.
- Individual Assessment Route.
- MSc dissertation supervisor
- PhD supervisor