As Deputy Vice-Chancellor Professor Adair deputises for the Vice-Chancellor as required in all aspects of the leadership of the University. He provides strategic and academic leadership and helps ensure that the University meets its academic targets. He has direct line management and leadership responsibility for Deans and Provosts and has oversight of the business performance and sustainability of the faculties. Furthermore he liaises with key external stakeholders to promote the University locally, nationally and internationally.
Professor Adair's responsibilities encompass the provision of strategic oversight to the University's development plans for Belfast and Jordanstown.
He is also Professor of Property Investment with research interests comprising the financing of infrastructure and regeneration and property market performance. He is a founding co-author of the University's House Price Survey which has analysed the Province's residential market performance since 1984.
As a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors he is a former Chair of RICS Northern Ireland and a Past President of the Irish Auctioneers and Valuers Institute. He holds a PhD in Real Estate from the University of Reading.
Professor Adair was appointed a member of the UK Research Excellence Framework 2014 Sub-panel 16 Architecture, Built Environment and Planning. He was also a member of the Research Assessment Exercise Town and Country Planning Panels in 2008 and 2001.
He was appointed a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List 2014 for services to Higher Education in Northern Ireland.
Professor Adair was conferred with Honorary membership of the Royal Society of Ulster Architects in 2014.
Showing 1 to 5 of 179 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Northern Ireland Quarterly House Price Index for Q1 2016 Report Number 126Date: (2016)Creators: Adair, Alastair S, McGreal, Stanley and Hinch, Martin
- Financing infrastructure development: time to unshackle the bonds?Journal of Property Investment & FinanceDate: (2016)Creators: Hutchison, Norman, Squires, Graham, Adair, AS, Berry, James, Lo, Daniel, McGreal, Stanley and Organ, Sam
- Innovative real estate development finance - evidence from EuropeJournal of Financial Management of Property and ConstructionDate: (2016)Creators: Squires, Graham, Hutchison, Norman, Adair, Alastair, Berry, Jim, McGreal, Stanley and Organ, Samantha
- Impact of Crime on Spatial Analysis of House Prices: evidence from a UK cityInternational Journal of Housing Markets and AnalysisDate: (2016)Creators: McIlhatton, David, McGreal, Stanley, Taltavull, Paloma and Adair, Alastair S
- Northern Ireland Quarterly House Price Index for Q4 2015 Report Number 125Date: (2016)Creators: Adair, Alastair S, McGreal, Stanley and Hinch, Martin