Sports Centre COVID FAQs
Information for our students, staff, campus partners and community.
We are ready! Are you?
We’re preparing to reopen our Sports Centres on 03 August. Things will be a little different, but we believe we can offer the perfect environment for you to train safely.
The safety of our members and our staff is our No.1 priority. We continue to monitor the situation and work together to prioritise and reopen all our facilities as soon as it is safe to do so.
We would like to thank each and every one of our members for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back into our centres.
Frequently Asked Questions
Salary sacrifice - I have a salary sacrifice. What will happen when you reopen?
The salary sacrifice scheme has been frozen throughout our closure. Memberships can be reactivated on arrival or the sports centre reception, but please contact us if you have any concerns, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memberships: I have an annual membership, what will happens when you reopen?
Memberships have been frozen and will, therefore, be extended by the period of our closure. To manage your membership please email us at email@example.com letting us know whether you would like to return immediately upon reopening or a specific date in the future.
I’m not ready to return. What should I do?
We understand you may not be ready to return immediately. In this case, we can suspend your membership to a specific date in the future.
How will I know when my payments are starting again?
Once we have been given clear instruction from the government on when we can reopen we will contact you via email, website and social media.
When I come to the centre, can I just walk into the building?
We have several measures in place such as a one-way system to ensure your safety. We will be implementing a queueing system before checking in for your activity.
How will you be implementing social distancing?
- We will endeavour to keep the specified social distance
- Gym equipment will be spaced out and various areas of the facility may be used to give everybody more space
- Fitness Classes will be held in spaces that provide the best opportunity to ensure social distancing. This will ensure adequate space between all participants
- Please use the one-way directional signage to ensure that foot traffic moves in a single direction
- We ask that you endeavour to keep the government-specified distance from other people.
Hygiene: How will you be keeping your centres clean and hygienic?
We have a very strict cleaning regime in place, and you will see our staff in circulation, this is to ensure your safety and all those who use our facilities.We will be following guidance on PPE measures, such as mask and the wearing of gloves. All measures are under constant review to ensure the highest possible safety levels in all facilities
- Social distancing will be in place
- Staff will be wearing PPE material
- Extensive and frequent cleaning will take place
- We have cleansing stations throughout our locations
- Hand sanitizing is available
- Staff training has been carried out
- We will operate with reduced capacity in areas to comply with social distancing measures.
Do I need to book a time to attend the gym or a fitness class?
No! Currently as demand grows we have adequate space but this will be monitored on an ongoing basis
Will sessions be limited?
Classes and our gym spaces will be kept within social distancing guidelines and this will mean reduced capacity in certain areas. However, we will endeavor to ensure there are adequate classes and opportunities to get your fitness fix.