Presented by Centre Stage Theatre Company
From the actual transcript of Edward Carson’sbrilliant cross-examination of Wilde in the first of the trials to Wilde’s lastheartfelt words in court after sentencing ‘...and I... may I say nothing, myLord?’,
Merlin Holland, Wilde’s only survivinggrandson, and international director John O’Connor, have collected anddramatised Court records, journalist’s notes and newspaper reports of the threetrials
involving the flawed genius, Oscar Wilde.
Ironically it was Wilde’s inability to realisethe actual ‘importance of being earnest’ – superbly explored by Holland &O’Connor - that contributed to the failure of his libel action against hislover’s
father, the Marquess of Queensbury, andultimately to his downfall in the two subsequent prosecutions which finally ledto his conviction for gross indecency. The review in The Independent stated ‘...theresult is as good as being in the gallery.’
ByArrangement with Samuel French
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.