Dates, times and pricing
Sing me the old songs - The Tommy Makem Song Book with Tom Sweeney, Kevin Evans & Brian Doherty.
Throughouta sterling career spanning forty-five years, Tommy Makem's contribution toIrish music as a singer, songwriter, storyteller and raconteur is unsurpassed. Themany songs Tommy wrote have passed into the standard repertoire of folksingersacross the world and are renowned for their strong melodies and lyrics that aresheer poetry in every word.
Spanningthe entire gamut of emotions from rousing 'foot stompers' to tender love songs,historical ballads to comical masterpieces and the many beautiful songs inpraise of the land he loved so well, Makem's songs convey the very essence ofIreland.
Itis both timely and fitting that Tommy's nephew, Tom Sweeney and his life-longfriends and musical colleagues, Kevin Evans and Brian Doherty have combinedforces to present a musical retrospective of The Tommy Makem Song Book.
Allthree performers have been closely associated with Tommy over many years andhave travelled with him far and wide joining 'The Bard Of Armagh' in concertsand festivals.
Lastyear Tom, Kevin and Brian toured widely in the United States and Canada with ‘SingMe The Old Songs’ and look forward to sharing the Tommy Makem Songbook withaudiences across Ireland this autumn.
Sweeney,Evans and Doherty see this homage to Tommy as a long overdue labour of love andare united in reminding the Irish musical world of the song writing genius oftheir friend and mentor, the great Tommy Makem.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.