Contact Access Ulster
Our Business Development team are here to help match your requirements to the right expert or equipment; guide you through the consultancy process; and advise on various consultancy funding programmes available.
Business Development Manager Contacts
Innovation & Impact +44 28 7167 5074 firstname.lastname@example.org MF226C - Magee campus
- Championing the Knowledge Transfer Partnerships programme (KTP) and adding value through research income generation
- Stimulating leading Knowledge Exchange collaborations between the University’s researchers and N.I. businesses
- Delivering demonstrable results for the University’s Research & Impact Agenda
Innovation & Impact +44 28 7167 5018 email@example.com MF226D - Magee campus
- Key Impact contact for the Faculty of Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment
- Impact Development Series
- Support for REF Impact Case Studies
Innovation & Impact +44 28 9536 7240 firstname.lastname@example.org 26A28 - Jordanstown campus
- Leadership in delivery of Ulster’s Institutional Knowledge Exchange Strategy
- Strategic leadership for commercial and non-commercial research impact
- Public engagement for dissemination of Ulster’s research base
Innovation & Impact +44 28 9036 6706 email@example.com 26A27 - Jordanstown campus
- Validating economic potential of research outcomes and developing commercial impact
- Championing the Proof of Concept programme institutionally
- Educating and training University researchers in commercialisation, demonstrating its contribution to research impact
Research Development +44 28 7012 4597 firstname.lastname@example.org J705 - Coleraine campus
- Clerical support for Research Development team
- Organise meetings, workshops and arrangements for visitors and speakers at events
- Diary management
Technologies Available for Licensing
We offer a selection of new ideas and technologies that are available to review, evaluate, collaborate, licence and take to market.
For more information on how to access these technologies or discuss a particular technology contact:
With 15 Research Institutes and affiliated research centres Ulster University has built an exceptionally strong reputation for internationally excellent research and innovation, helped by the seamless transfer of ideas from the research lab to the marketplace.
If you are interested in accessing our research, working with us on a research collaboration project, or research studentship, contact:
Funding Support Programmes
There are a range of funding programmes available to support innovation and R&D activities in collaboration with Ulster University:
Short Term Projects
funding programmes such as Innovation Vouchers run by Invest Northern Ireland and Enterprise Ireland can help SME's access university expertise via a voucher worth up to £4,000/€5,000 to deliver innovative solutions.
Long Term Projects
Innovative and research focused development programmes such as UK Knowledge Transfer Partnerships programme or InterTradeIreland's FUSION programme can help support innovation and R&D.
R&D grants from organisations such as Invest Northern Ireland and Innovate UK can support business with finance for research and development.
Horizon 2020 is one of the largest programmes in Europe for supporting innovation and collaboration between SMEs and academic institution.