Go to Ulster
There are many reasons why you should choose Ulster University in undertaking your research degree including the fact we are:
- one of only six universities in the UK with 100% of its research environment rated as world-leading
- rated as having world leading research in all 20 of Units of Assessment
- one of the top five universities in the UK for world-leading research in law, biomedical sciences, nursing and art & design and in the top ten for built environment
More key facts include:
- 74% of our full-time PhD students complete their degrees within five years - above the national average
- 95% of PhD student survey respondents had secured employment within a year of graduation
- 93% of our students consistently rate themselves as being extremely satisfied
We have fully funded scholarship options available for both home and international students, helping ensure we have a diverse cohort of PhD students.
We offer a bespoke Researcher Development Programme supporting the development of both your research and professional transferable skills, enhancing your capacity to work with others and ensure wider research impact.