The International Practice development Collaborative (IPDC) is a community of practice developers and researchers who are committed to working together to develop healthcare practice.
The IPDC believes that the aim of practice development is to work with people to develop person-centred cultures that are dignified, compassionate and safer for all.
There are four pillars of work:
The work of the IPDC is influenced and informed by the individual academic and scholarly work of the collaborators and practice partners.
The collaborators work in the following organisations:
- Canterbury Christ Church University, UK
- Fontys University, The Netherlands
- Foundation of Nursing Studies, UK
- Monash University, Australia
- Network of Practice Development Units of the University Hospitals Basel, Berne and Zurich
- Sydney Children's Hospital Network, NSW, Australia
- University College of Buskerud, Norway
- University of Tasmania
- Ulster University, UK
- University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
- West Park Healthcare Centre, Toronto, Canada