Our research projects are listed below they are organised into programmes within two research clusters.
Perinatal Epidemiology cluster
- WHO Collaborating Centre for Epidemiologic Surveillance of Congenital Anomalies
- EUROCAT: European Surveillance of Congenital Anomalies
- EUROmediCAT: Medication Safety in Pregnancy and Risk of Congenital Anomalies
- Lamotrigine use in Pregnancy and Risk of Orofacial Clefts
- NI Baby Hearts Study
- ADRC-NI: Administrative Data Research Centre NI
- Marital and cohabitation status and pregnancy
Lorna Lawther, start year 2012: Preconceptional Care for women with Epilepsy (supervisors: Dolk, Sinclair, advisor: Dr Jim Morrow)
Sarah McGrath: Start 2013, Programme Evaluation for Obesity in Pregnancy (supervisors Casson, Lagan, advisor Dolk)
Leke Amingkeng: Start 2014, Medication use in Pregnancy in Developing and Developed Country contexts (supervisors Dolk, Loane, advisor Casson).
Hafi Saad: Start 2014, Congenital Heart Disease: causes and outcomes. (supervisors Dolk, Loane, advisor McCullough).
Midwifery Research Cluster
- Weigh to a Healthy Pregnancy (WHP).
- Understanding the health behaviour of pregnant women and new mothers(i.breastfeed)
- Alcohol use in pregnancy.
- Obesity in pregnancy, motivation, exercise and diet.
- Associations between maternal diet and pregnancy outcome of overweight and other obese women with and without Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Internet use and medication safety in pregnancy.
- Back Together: Data Repository Tool
- Backpain in Pregnancy: online survey
- Prenatal screening: maternal preferences, policies and impact
- Maternity and midwifery services
- Childbirth cultures, concerns and consequences
- Bullying among midwives
- Domestic violence in pregnancy: data retrieval, data collection and challenges for the multiprofessional team.
- Migrant women's experience of pregnancy loss in Northern Ireland.
- Doctoral Midwifery Research Society