World Health Organisation (WHO) Collaborating Centre for the Surveillance of Congenital Anomalies
The Centre for Maternal, Fetal and Infant Health (MFIR) is home to the Central Registry of the European Surveillance of Congenital Anomaly Network, which is designated as a WHO Collaborating Centre for the Surveillance of Congenital Anomalies (November 2002-May 2015).
In this capacity the MFIR centre assists the WHO in implementing the resolution WHA63.17 of the 63rd World Health Assembly (2010) on birth defects at both a European and global level.
The MFIR centre also assists the WHO in implementing its strategy for the prevention and control of non‐communicable diseases (NCDs action plan 2008‐2013).
For further information on the role of WHO Collaborating Centres please see their website.
We are a partner centre of the ENCePP scientific network which is coordinated by the European Medicines Agency.
We are dedicated to excellence in research by adhering to the ENCePP Guide on Methodological Standards and promoting scientific independence and transparency.
We register studies in the ENCePP E-Register of Studies, a publicly accessible resource for the registration of pharmacoepidemiological and pharmacovigilance studies.
Academic Organisations attached to EUROmediCAT Project:
Governmental Organisations attached to EUROmediCAT Project:
Academic Organisations attached to EUROCAT Project:
- Medical University of Graz, Austria
- Children's University Hospital Zagreb, Croatia
- French National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM U953), France
- Universite de Strasbroug, France
- University Medical Centre of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Germany
- Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
- Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Ferrara, Italy
- Children's University Hospital, Latvia
- University Medical Centre Groningen, The Netherlands (www.umcg.nl)
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, The Netherlands (www.rug.nl)
- Uniwersytet Medyczny im Karola Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu, Poland (www.ump.edu.pl)
- University Medical Centre, Slovenia
- University of Leicester, UK
- University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Queen Mary and Westfield college, University of London, UK (www.qmul.ac.uk)
- The Chancellor, Masters & Scholars of the University of Oxford, UK
- Southampton University Hospitals Trust, UK
Governmental Organisations attached to EUROCAT Project:
- Provinciaal Instituut voor Hygiene,Belgium
- Institut de Recherche Scinetifique en Pathologie et en Genetique, Belgium
- Region Syddanmark, Hospital Lillebaelt, Denmark (www.regionsyddanmark.dk)
- National Institute for Welfare and Health, Finland
- National Institute of Health Development, Hungary
- Health Service Executive, Ireland
- Azienda Ospedaliero Rilievo Nazional "G Rummo", Italy
- Istitututo Superiore di Sanita, Italy
- Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche, Italy (www.cnr.it)
- The Centre of Health Economics, Latvia
- Department of Health Information and Research, Malta
- Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Norway
- Instituto Nacional de Saude Dr Ricardo Jorge, Portugal
- Agencia de Salut Publica de Barcelona, Spain
- Fundacion Vasca de Innovacion e Investigacion Sanitarias, Spain
- Fundacio Centre de Recerca en Epidemiologia Ambiental, Spain
- Asociacion Espanola para el Registro y Estdio de las Malformaciones Congenitas, Spain
- Centre Superior de Investigacion en Salud Publica, Spain
- Public Health Wales, UK