- School of Biomedical Sciences
Miss Silvestri is Clinical Director for Ophthalmic Services at the Belfast Health & Social Care Trust, Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Experimental Medicine at Queen’s University Belfast; Co-Lead for the NI Clinical Research Network and Visiting Professor the University of Ulster, Coleraine.
Miss Silvestri’s programme of research has focused on genetic predisposition and causative genetic mutations in ophthalmic diseases with emphasis on age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and inherited retinal disorders. Miss Silvestri has successfully led a research team with a cumulative grant income of circa 2 million, has published 82 peer-reviewed publication and successfully supervised students to both MD and PhD level. Miss Silvestri also has extensive undergraduate and postgraduate clinical teaching experience, has held many administrative positions at both QUB and the Belfast Trust. Miss Silvestri has served as an Examiner for both the Royal Colleges of Ophthalmology, London and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and has held a number of positions on Grant Review Committees. Miss Silvestri has an international recognised for her clinical expertise in retinal disease and intraocular magnifying devices for AMD.
Showing 1 to 10 of 99 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- The Transfer of New Knowledge into Practice: Exploration of Implementation Plans in Palliative Care ResearchPalliative MedicineDate: (2016)
- The use of Infrared Aided Photography in Identification of Sites of Bruises after Evidence of the Bruise is Absent to the Naked EyeJournal of Forensic and Legal MedicineDate: (2010)
- Algebraic polynomials with random coefficients with binomial and geometric progressions.Journal of Applied Mathematics and Stocastic Analysis.Date: (2009)
- Management of uncertainty and spatio-temporal aspects for monitoring and diagnosis in a Smart HomeInternational Journal of Computational Intelligence SystemsDate: (2008)
- A linguistic-valued weighted aggregation operator to multiple attribute group decision making with quantitative and qualitative informationInternational Journal of Computational Intelligence SystemsDate: (2008)
- Seat Booking System for a CineplexComputer and Information Science (Quarterly)Date: (2008)
- A linguistic lattice-value approach for fuzzy multi-objective decision makingJournal of Multiple-Valued Logic and Soft ComputingDate: (2007)
- Using Situated Learning Theory To Explore Tablet Pc Use In Academic Work: Perceptions Of Staff And StudentsIADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information SystemsDate: (2007)
- Further Validation of Fire Dynamics Simulator using Smoke Management StudiesInternational Journal on Engineering Performance-Based Fire CodesDate: (2007)
- A Vehicle Overtaking Model of Traffic DynamicsChaosDate: (2007)