Support and develop your team to enhance their personal and professional performance.
A module that will aim to support and enable managers to develop the people they manage and support them to enhance their performance.
This is a flexible module and can be completed on any of the available dates.
Define the elements and touch points that enable and support potential and performance at Ulster supported by a framework of practice toolkit
- Apply a simple model to support potential and performance:
- Observe: establish a rhythm of ongoing regular review and observation of performance and potential
- Feedback: establish a rhythm of regular conversations including 1:1s and in the moment chats where feedback can be based on observation and review
- Coach: Using core coaching skills to support your staff member to reflect and identify ways to improve and develop, listening, effective questioning and challenging
- Understand the Ulster University review and development process as an appraiser, applying good practice in supporting objective setting and learning development plans
- Establish a practice of praise and success recognition for direct reports and teams
Support direct reports in the context of performance concerns
Module duration: One day in person with supplementary learning activities throughout the month.