Engage: Great People Managers @ UU
The Engage programme is designed to support you in realising your potential as a manager at Ulster University.
Through a blended, supported and self curated learning journey, you can design your own 12-month flexible plan to develop the essential people management skills at Ulster.
The programme will empower you to manage with authenticity and compassion and create a consistent approach to people management, giving you the skills and qualities required to lead people successfully.
For further information on the Engage programme please contact People Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open for self nomination to all UU people managers
- 8 core modules to be completed
- Live virtual or in-person sessions
- A chance for self reflection and assessment of your own management style
- Supporting resources and reflection activities throughout the programme
- Fully optimised for virtual delivery using breakout rooms, group discussion, live collaboration tools
- Remote workshops with a classroom setting
- Opportunity for managers to network and learn from each other’s individual experiences
- Each module will be a blended mix of the following elements:
- Self-directed learning (pre-work / post-work)
- Pre-recorded or live video sessions (in-person when it is safe to do so)
- Supporting resources i.e. toolkits, blogs, podcasts, articles
- Scenario questions and answers to support the application of learning (where applicable)
- Individual and group reflection activities to support social learning
This programme has two foundation modules, Welcome to Engage and The Engaging Manager.
It is essential that these modules are completed at the beginning of your journey.
Once these are complete you are free to develop a 12-month flexible learning plan based on your personal needs and schedule demands.
The Engage programme roadmap below shows the modules that you can undertake.
Engage: Great People Managers – a self curated learning journey
The skills required to support the health and wellbeing of your staff.