Jordanstown and Belfast Campus Libraries Are Moving
From 2nd June, Jordanstown campus library will cease providing Library services in preparation for the new Belfast campus library in August 2022. The current Belfast campus library in block BB will cease providing Library services on 27th May & an interim service will be available from Block BD from 6th June.
13 May 2022
From 2nd June, Jordanstown campus library will cease providing Library services as we prepare to open our new Belfast campus library in August 2022.
The new library will offer sector leading facilities, a motivating and supportive learning environment and a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, and the wider community.
Belfast Campus Library Support
The current Belfast campus library in block BB will cease providing Library services on 27th May.
As the library continues to work on the transition from Jordanstown to Belfast, we want to reassure students and staff that the team is on-hand to offer support, advice, and interim services to make this transition as smooth as possible.
From June an interim service will be available from Block BD, Belfast Campus:
- The library e-book, e-journal and database collections will be available throughout the Summer with support provided by our expert staff.
- Help, support, and advice will be available online via Library Help / Live Chat and in person in the interim Belfast Campus Library in Block BD.
- Books and journal articles from external sources can be requested via Document Delivery services.
- The Jordanstown and Belfast collections will be unavailable during the transition period but from 27th June, library users will be able to borrow these books by reserving them online and picking them up at Belfast, Magee, or Coleraine Campus Libraries.
- Students and academic staff who require books from these collections in early Summer should borrow everything they need in before the transition begins in June, and to facilitate this normal borrowing limits can be increased by speaking to a member of Library staff.
- From 6th June until the new Belfast campus library opens in August, Ulster University students will be able to study in the McClay Library of Queen’s University Belfast. All students who require access are to complete the standard QUB Visitor Registration form.
Please help us at this time by returning all books no longer required before 31st May.
This page will be updated on a regular basis with more information and FAQs, please check regularly.