Belfast Library Relocation
To facilitate the delivery of the new library in Block BC in Belfast and the required refurbishments of the lower floors of Block BB, Library & Digital Services has moved to a new location on the Belfast campus.
14 April 2021
Greater Belfast Development
Fact sheet: Library interim relocation, 2021
To facilitate the delivery of the new library in Block BC in Belfast and the required refurbishments of the lower floors of Block BB, Library and Digital Services Services has moved to a new location on the Belfast campus. The temporary Library and Digital Services base is located in BA-03-019, with computing and study facilities nearby, until the library in Block BC is available.
Normal Library opening hours will be in operation and library staff will be available to support current students and staff. The ‘Reserve and Collect’ service will continue to operate and items can be collected and returned in BA-03-019.
Dates mentioned below may change so please check the Library homepage or re-check this page regularly for further updates.
Why did the library have to move?
The present library space has to be refurbished in order to accommodate the delivery of the GBD project. In order to maintain a library service on campus, a move to an interim location is necessary.
What services will be offered in the new location?
All the Library, Reprographics and ICT services on offer in Block BB are available in Block BA. This includes open access computing, printing and scanning facilities, quiet study spaces, a library Information Point and a pickup point for items requested via the Reserve and Collect service.A safe study environment will continue to be maintained, with regular cleaning in accordance with University infection control guidelines, social distancing measures and capacity management monitored by library staff.
Where is the library?
Block BA, Level 3:
Library Information Point – BA-03-019
Quiet Study spaces – BA-03-021 and 022
Computing – BA-03-024
Will there be a Library service at Belfast during Summer 2021?
Disruption of services will be kept to a minimum but in order for Library staff and equipment to be moved to Block BC, some services may be affected during the summer. Information will be placed on the Library homepage when more details are known.
- Library services are being delivered from BA-03-019 and library staff will be available during advertised opening hours.
- You may return books, collect reserved items and make enquiries.
- Having identified items in the library catalogue, you may continue to request them using the Reserve and Collect service. When items are ready, you will receive an email notification and you may pick up the items in BA-03-019.
- In addition, a book return unit has been placed in the campus foyer.
Monday 12th April – Friday 21st May 2021
- Library services will be delivered from BA-03-019 and library staff will be available during vacation opening times: Mon-Thu 8.45am-5pm
22nd May – 31st August 2021
What happens if I want to return a book and the Library is closed?
A book return unit has been placed in the foyer at Belfast. Simply place your book in the unit and library staff will retrieve it on the next working day. Alternatively, you may return items to staff in the campus libraries at Coleraine, Jordanstown or Magee. Please note that all returns will be quarantined for 3 days so may still appear on your record during that time.
How can I pay a Library fine if the Library is closed?
- No fines are being applied during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Staff and students wishing to pay an older fine may use the online payment option within ‘My Account’ on our website and via the Portal.
How can I check to make sure my Library record is clear?
There are several ways to check your library record:
- The ‘My Account’ option on our website and via the Portal can be used by staff and students.
- Call in to the library at Belfast, Coleraine, Jordanstown or Magee during advertised opening hours.
- If you have a query about a fine on your record, please contact us.
Will I be able to access online databases, e-journals and e-books?
Electronic information services will be available from any computer connected to the Internet whether on- or off-campus and are unaffected by the move.
What happens if I want to request an item through the Document Delivery service?
COVID-19 restrictions are affecting most UK libraries including the British Library so not all requests will be satisfied right away. Please make your request as usual and we will let you know if there is likely to be a delay in obtaining the item. You can request items using the Document Delivery Request Form.
Will there be access to computers during Summer 2021?
Yes, access to the computer labs on Level BA-03 will be available, with COVID-19 capacity management in place.
Will there be access to photocopiers, printers and scanning during Summer 2021?
Some Multi-function devices (MFDs) will be relocated temporarily to Block BA Level 03.
Contact Marion Khorshidian, Campus Library Manager, if your question isn’t answered in the information above.
Campus Library Manager