Our guide to user of information services for students.
Your Guide to Information Services
ISD recommend you view our Getting Started quick guide which is a short leaflet that provides you with support for Email, Wireless and IT Laboratories.
At the beginning of the academic year (and also in January), Information Services offers new students an overview of its services and guidance on how to access them. This short presentation is booked on your behalf by your Course Co-ordinator prior to your arrival at the University. Please ask your Course Co-ordinator when your induction session is scheduled.
What You Need to Get Started
All students will require our services throughout their time at the University and in order to make full use of these you will need to:
- Make sure that you are fully registered with the University - see Academic Registry
- Make sure you have a University student ID card - see Academic Registry
- Make sure you have your University password details - see Passwords
- Make sure you have your email account details. All official University communications with students are distributed via your University email account - see Email Service
- Find out how to access your Library online account. Your student ID card is also your Library card for borrowing - see Library account
What You Need to Know
To help you get started using our services, listed below are some of the main things you will need to become familiar with:
- Where is the Library on my campus? - see Library locations
- How do I access the University Portal? - see Portal
- How do I find out about my Library subject resources? - see Subject Resources
- How do I find out about the services and facilities offered by ICT? - see ISD Student Experience
- How do I save to OneDrive, my online file storage? - see Using OneDrive
- How do I print, copy or scan documents? - see Print Service
- What services are offered by Reprographics? - see Reprographics Service
If you have a problem, help is available.
On-campus and have an ICT or Library query
Visit the Information Point in your Library
Off-campus and have an ICT query
Contact the Service Desk
In addition to core working hours, extended support is available from 5pm to 9am Weekdays, 24-hour Weekends, Bank Holidays and all year round.
Off-campus and have a library query
Contact any of our campus locations.
The locations and contact numbers are available from the Reprographic Services leaflet (PDF document).
This Charter sets out the standards of service which the University aims to provide to students through the relevant parts of the Information Services Directorate (ISD). The Charter covers: