ICTCS, in collaboration with Academic Registry /Examinations Office, provide and support PC systems for University examinations.
This information outlines how ISD supports Examinations PC systems.
ICT Customer Services are responsible for the supply, deployment, testing, pre-exam checking and post-exam recovery of PCs.
An Examinations PC system incorporates a processor, screen, keyboard and mouse configured with a Microsoft operating system and the current desktop standard version of Microsoft Office. The computer system is not networked and a printer is locally attached for the production of a printed exam script.
- Requests for examination PC support must be logged via the ISD Service Desk (see below) at least 10 working days prior to the first examination. One call per campus is required.
- "Non-Standard" configuration requirements (e.g. assistive software) must be clearly stated well in advance to ISD so that appropriate installation and configuration arrangements can be made.
- The Disability Advisor must liaise with the associated Course Director and the local Student Administration Examinations Office.
- Student Administration are responsible for initiating the associated support call with the ISD Service Desk.
- ICT Customer Services campus teams will act upon the Service Desk call, referring to the associated ICTCS business process support document and manage the activity elements via the ISD Service Desk.
- An internal business process is available to staff in the Student Administration and other University departments. This can be obtained via the Service Desk (see below)
Student Support has produced a student guideline document for students and invigilators "Essential Information for Candidates Using a University Computer for Examinations/Class Tests" .
An internal ISD business process is available to staff in Student Administration, Student Support and other University departments. This can be obtained via the Service Desk (see below).
How to obtain help
Contact the ISD Service Desk.
Service Metrics (KPI/SLA statement)
- ICT Customer Services follow a counterpart internal business process relating to examinations PC support covering the configuration, deployment, support and checking of the computer systems as well as management of the activity elements via the ISD Service Desk.
- Academic Registry /Examinations Office personnel must notify the ISD Service Desk of issues encountered.
Who can avail of the service?
This service is available for students who require a PC system for examinations purposes. Students who require such support must contact the local campus Disability Advisor in the Student Support department. Student Support will liaise with Student Administration and ISD on behalf of the student (see the Business Process)
The Service is owned by:
- ICT Customer Services
- The Director of Student Administration - Academic Registry /Examinations Office
- Student Support (Disability Services) department