Information Services provides an Apple Computer Support Service based on the JAMF Pro Software suite to configure Apple devices to meet University desktop standards and requirements.
Upon enrolment a Self Service Portal provides technical staff supporting the configuration work with the options to:
- Name the device and join it to the AD Domain
- Install Site Licenced Software:-e.g. Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac, Microsoft Skype For Business
- Deploy Additional MFD Print Queues and drivers
- Encrypt laptop hard drives using FileVault2
- Report on inventory (Software/Hardware/Application Use)
- Provide user permitted remote assistance sessions
- add McAfee EPO (desktop security) Client
- Run scripted access to Departmental Network Shares and user home directories.
This service requires user or Support Staff initiated enrolment of the Apple Computer via the installation of a software package available through an email invitation from the JAMF Pro Suite.
Note: Enrolment and the use of this service does not restrict user access to the Hard Drives or remove any user rights. This service is equivalent to Service Level 3 of the Windows Desktop Support Levels (Support Staff Environment).
The Apple Mac Support Service is supported by the ISD Service Centre. ICT Customer Services administer the Apple Computer Support Service for Central Administrative Departments and can assist Apple Computer Support Service users where Faculty support is not available.
Guide for Central and Faculty Support Staff (available on request from ICT Service Centre)
How to obtain help
Supported at no cost (when staff Apple Computers are enrolled in this Service)
The Apple Computer Support Service for staff computers is available to all faculties and departments
ICT Customer Services