Every office in the University has network points for the connection and networking of computers and laptops. If all the existing network points in an office are in use, a new point can be requested by completing a Minor Improvements Request Form from the Physical Resources web page.
Once the new network point is installed, contact the Service Desk to get the network point enabled.
- User completes the online Minor Improvements Request Form from the Physical Resources web page (see link below).
- Once form is approved, Physical Resources will use an approved cabling contractor to install the network point.
- Once cable contractor has installed the network point, a set of test results will be forwarded to ISD Network Team for approval.
- Once results are approved, a Network Team member will make the network point live.
- User will be informed that network point is now active.
Minor Improvements Request Form
How to obtain help
Contact the ISD Service Desk.
Depending on distance from the wiring closet, the quantity of cables and space in existing containment there will normally be a charge of £120 - £160 plus VAT, per network point for the installation charge.
Service Metrics (KPI/SLA statement)
Subject to network switch ports being available, the Network Team will enable a new network point within one working day of receipt of acceptable test results.
Who can avail of the service?
Any staff or postgraduate student working for the University