- Staff network accounts are created for all new employees and authorized associates. The Registrations, Access and Deletions (RAD) process helps automate procedures for provisioning accounts for employees. Existing staff members may also use RAD to request accounts for associates who, once authorized are then provisioned. Staff network accounts are centralized in a single staff directory service providing authenticated access to the staff standard desktop service and online resources such as Blackboard Learn, Athens, Library catalogue and the staff Portal. Local services may be accessed remotely on request using the Secure Remote Access Service (SRAS). Provisioning also supplies a unique email address, Exchange mailbox, and secure, personal network file storage.
- Staff and associate accounts for leavers are de-provisioned through the RAD system. This process is automated for employees and via RAD authorization for associates.
- A self service online password change facility is available for forgotten passwords, or if a password change is required. Passwords may also be changed during logged in sessions at the staff desktop, or via Outlook Web Access.
- This is based upon the Policy Implementation Framework
- Staff network account details are provisioned automatically for new employees. Details will be given to employees on their arrival at HR on their first day on campus, at which point they will need to affirm acceptance of the university Acceptable Use Code of Practice.
- Associate accounts are requested and authorized through the RAD process and then provisioned. Details and further instructions will be distributed to the associate via their contact/staff member who requested their account. Associates will be prompted to agree to the Acceptable Use Code of Practice on their first login to the university portal, and MUST do this to ensure continued access to their account.
- The account activation process for associates uses their National Insurance number for identification, and it is imperative that this field in RAD is completed correctly. If an associate does not have a National Insurance number as they are not a UK National, a temporary number MUST be created, such as is used by HR, of the form:TNddmmyyM - 'M' for male
TNddmmyyF - 'F' for femaleTN for temporary number
ddmmyy for date of birthPlease Note: Duplicate National Insurance numbers in RAD will result in the account not being provisioned.
- Please note that associate accounts should be requested at least a day before their start date to ensure their account is ready for their arrival on campus.
How to obtain help
The Service Desk will provide support to those unable to avail of it through the Service Catalogue Entry and self help resources
Contact the ISD Service Desk
Service Desk Metrics (KPI/SLA statement)
- Staff and associate network accounts, once details are available to RAD are provisioned within one working day. Details are sent via the methods described above.
- Associate account access will be disabled if an associate has not logged in to the university portal and accepted the terms of the Acceptable Use Code of Practice within a given time.
- Staff and associate leavers accounts are disabled within one day, when notification is received from RAD.
Who can avail of the service?
All University staff employees and all authorized associates.