Irish Studies Summer Programme
Our Irish Studies Summer Programme, the only one of its kind in Ireland, will enable you to acquire specialist knowledge of Irish studies across drama, film, history, literature, peace & conflict studies, archaeology and politics.
A key highlight of the programme is the opportunity to immerse yourself in the Irish language with a week-long residency in the Gaeltacht (Irish speaking region) of County Donegal.
Other highlights include visits and residential trips to:
- The O'Neil Kingdom, County Tyrone
- Antrim Castle and Gardens
- Doagh Famine Village
- Titanic Belfast and Game of Thrones film set
- Belfast City
- The Giant's Causeway (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Inishowen, Co Donegal
The programme connects the inter-related cultures, histories, languages and literatures of Ireland, Britain, Europe and North America.
All-inclusive Package includes
- Transfers to and from Belfast International/Dublin airport on arrival/departure dates
- Arrival Monday & Tuesday 26-27 June
- Departure Saturday 05 August
- All registration fees & tuition (incl. computer & library access)
- 3-4 nights B&B at Belfast, Antrim and Tyrone
- 4 weeks in private ensuite apartments with shared kitchen facilities & Wifi access at Magee campus
- Field-trips & excursions to sites of cultural & historical significance
- 1 week (B+B), Gaoth Dobhair (Donegal)
- Irish language & culture immersion in Gaoth Dobhair/Gweedore, Co. Donegal (tuition & social activities each evening).
Wednesday 29 June 2017
6 weeks (ending Saturday 6 August 2017)
International tuition fee
Application closing date
01 March 2017 - For further details on applying contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Irish Studies Summer School 2017 brochure will be available soon.