Advise about fire safety measures to staff to ensure that the University meets the statutory requirements of current fire safety legislation and best practice in fire related matters.
The Fire Safety Adviser provides advice about the reasonable safety measures that should be adopted by staff and students so as to safeguard people involved in University activities.
IF YOU HEAR THE FIRE ALARM
- You must leave the building using the nearest available route by following the emergency exit signs
- You must go directly to the assembly point
- You must not re-enter the building until told it is safe
With effect from 1 October 2017, an airhorn will be used to support the 'All Clear' message and let you know that you can begin re-entry of the buildings.
For your safety and that of others, you are expected to co-operate with instructions from Fire Marshals, Security Staff and the Emergency Services.
These instructions are detailed on the 'Fire Action' notices beside all fire alarm call points on campuses.
If you have any queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire Safety Adviser
- Emergency Evacuation
- Emergency evaucation for people with disabilities
- Emergency evacuation procedures for security staff
- Firefighting equipment
- Fire marshals
- Fire warning systems
- Means of escape