Covid-19 guidance and advice on travelling to Northern Ireland.
You must carefully consider if travelling to Northern Ireland is necessary. Only those courses with practical elements will take place on-campus. All other course modules can be completed online.
If you must travel to Northern Ireland for on-campus teaching, you should:
- check latest advice on travel to Northern Ireland from the NI Direct government website
- Bookmark the NI Direct page to stay up to date as things change.
You will need proof of a negative coronavirus test before your departure.
Further information on pre-departure testing is available at:
Travelling to NI from a red list country
Since Friday 16 April, if you have travelled to Northern Ireland directly from a country associated with COVID-19 variants(external link opens in a new window / tab), that may be considered a higher risk, known as a red list country, you must enter managed isolation (hotel quarantine) in NI.
This is to reduce the risk of COVID-19 variants spreading within Northern Ireland.
For more information see:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): travelling from a red list country
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): managed isolation and testing after international travel
The following rules for entering or returning to Northern Ireland (NI) are in place:
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021(external link opens in a new window / tab)
Anyone intending to travel directly, or via another country, to Northern Ireland from outside the Common Travel Area, including British and Irish nationals returning home, must:
- provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result taken up to three days before departure
- provide your journey and contact details by completing the UK online passenger locator form(external link opens in a new window / tab)
- isolate for 10 days
Travelling to NI from an amber country
If you travel to Northern Ireland, either directly or indirectly, from an amber country (a country not on the red list) or within the Common Travel Area, within the 10 days before arrival you must self-isolate at home or at the place you are staying.
You must book a post-arrival travel test package and take a COVID-19 test on or before day two for variant surveillance and a test on or after day eight to check that you do not have COVID-19.
You should book the test package at the link below. This is the only test in place for Northern Ireland at this time.
Further information on self-isolation and post-arrival testing is available at: