The International Foundation Programme offers international students, who are not eligible for direct entry, an alternative route to studying a bachelor degree at Ulster University.
|Start Dates||September 2023|
|Pathway 1||Science, Technology & Engineering|
|Pathway 2||Business, Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences|
|Location||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|Annual Tuition Fee||£15,840|
Request More Information
Complete the form below and an advisor will be in touch to help with your application.
To be eligible for the International Foundation Programme you must:
- Have successfully completed 12 years of high school education
- Be 18 years old or over upon completion of the International Foundation Programme
- Attain the equivalent of a minimum grade C, at GCSE level, in 5 subjects (including Mathematics for students following the Science, Technology & Engineering pathway)
- Attain an overall score of 5.0 in the UKVI IELTS (with no individual band score of less than 5.0)
- Meet the residency or nationality requirements to be defined as an international student
Equivalent qualifications from all countries are considered.
Further details on accepted qualifications can be found at Your Country pages.
If your country is not listed please contact international admissions for further information.
£4,000 scholarship package available for all entrants to the International Foundation Programme, commencing September 2023:
The £4,000 scholarship for the International Foundation Programme comprises:
- £2,000 tuition fee scholarship for the International Foundation Programme
- £2,000 accommodation discount for the International Foundation Programme
View details on this scholarship package
Students applying to our full-time undergraduate, full-time postgraduate, part-time, eLearning programmes or programmes delivered at our branch campuses (London or Birmingham) are not eligible for this award.
What Degree can I study?
Progress to over 100 bachelor degrees!
The bachelor degree you wish to study will determine which pathway you take. You can choose from two pathways: