Individual and group submissions representing a “Celebration of inspirational black role models and their achievements” are welcomed.
Calling all Year 8-14 pupils! Let’s get creative and submit a piece of your own work to celebrate your inspirational role model.
This could be:
What we're asking you to do
Create 1 page of original artwork/poetry, script etc on the theme of: “A celebration of inspirational black role models and their achievements”.
Submitting your own work
Entries can be submitted as an individual, a group team or a class/school project. Entries to be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winning artwork will be judged by Academics from Ulster University, in collaboration with our BAME Staff and Student Network.
The winning entry will be announced at the end of December. Entries will be displayed in an online virtual gallery with the judges favourites chosen to be displayed in a public display at Ulster University.
Closing Date - 3rd December
If you have any further questions please contact Lorraine Lavery-Bowen at email@example.com.
- 1st Place - £75 Voucher + Creative Kit
- 2nd Place - £50 Voucher + Creative Kit
- 3rd Place - £25 Voucher + Creative Kit
Supported by Ulster University BAME Network.
Terms and Conditions
We recommend all entrants read the rules carefully before entering.
By entering the competition, you confirm that you accept the terms of entry below and that you are eligible to enter.
- The competition is open to all Year 8-14 pupils in post primary schools across Northern Ireland.
- The closing date of the competition is midnight 3rd December 2021.
- Only one entry per person or per group is permitted.
- Under no circumstances can alterations be made to submissions once entered.
- The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered. The judging panel is unable to comment on individual entries. All entries will be considered anonymously by the judges.
- The copyright of each concept remains with the author. However, authors of concepts, by entering the competition, grant Ulster University the right in perpetuity to publish and/or broadcast their idea/concept via University PR and social media channels.
- Your entry should be produced on 1 page.
- The document and file name should contain your name and your school name.
- Entries should be submitted by midnight 3rd December 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When submitting entry via email please ensure the pupil(s) first name, surname, email, pupil year group and the school name, address and postcode are noted clearly within the message sent.
- Competition entries must be entirely by the entrant’s or team’s own original work and do not contain any material written by anybody else or copied from elsewhere and has not been published before.
- Entries must not have been published, self-published, published on a website or made public on social media, broadcast or featured among the winners in another competition before.
Prize winners will be notified in Mid December 2021.