The Procurement Team is the central point within the University for all Procurement Guidance and Support. We promote efficient and effective procurement, working with customers to ensure that procurement excellence and value for money is maximised by employing best practice, advising on the management of risk and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
The Team is principally responsible for leading on high value/high risk procurement projects although is ideally involved with all Procurement exceeding £30K.
Role of the Procurement Office
The Procurement Office provides help and advice on all aspects of buying supplies, services and works for the University.
We will help you select the best suppliers and achieve best overall value for money, whatever you are buying, whether from unrestricted or research funds.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Developing a procurement strategy to help the University meet its objectives
- Giving support and training for all those involved in procurement / purchasing
- Giving you information on existing agreements and guidance on procurement procedures (including your legal obligations)
- Being consulted at the earliest opportunity in strategic planning for acquisitions of goods or services or works from third parties (external sources)
- Assisting you to work together to purchase from a reduced number of contracted suppliers to make savings and eliminate unnecessary costs, develop improved supplier responsiveness and performance
- Guiding on selection of the right suppliers or service providers on quality, delivery, service, price, sustainability and innovation to meet requirements
- Orchestrating agreements with contracted suppliers and other collaborative contract managers, define the principles governing the relationships, monitor performance (where appropriate) and strive to help suppliers with aim of continuous improvement
- Developing efficient processes for eProcurement and for monitoring performance
- To establish and develop value adding relationships with suppliers, purchasing consortia, other Higher Education Institutions and other organisations with similar supplies and services requirements and other external bodies witch enhance the University's procurement capabilities.
Contracted Suppliers have either University-wide Agreements or specific contracts to supply, for example, specialist research equipment or building as main contractors.
We are obliged to use the contracts and are open to suggestions for any supply arrangements that should be set up and welcome comments on existing contracts and suppliers.