Budgeting, Reporting and TRAC
The Management Accounting team provides a professional financial management support service to our four faculties and professional services departments within the University.
- preparing the five-year financial forecasts for submission to DfE
- preparing quarterly outturn reports for the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Resources Committee
- controlling the budget setting process including the maintenance of the Contribution Model
- providing a financial management support service to devolved budget holders
- providing support and advice for preparing economic appraisals required for large investment proposals
- developing management information reports to assist budget holders
- maintenance of the salary forecasting model
- preparing and submitting the TRAC return.
Responsibility for the economic, effective and efficient use of resources is devolved to Executive Deans and Heads of Professional Services departments.
Each faculty and professional service department has a named Finance Business Partner within the Management Accounting team