Increasing diversity is a moral imperative, but it is also becoming a powerful business requirement. Organizations equipped with a range of voices and perspectives throughout the ranks are better able to innovate, take risks, solve problems creatively, bounce back from failures, and turn challenges into opportunities (BCG, 2019).
Join Arts & Business NI and Ulster University Business School on Wednesday 30th March 2022, as they unpick the topics of equality, diversity and inclusion and examine innovative ways to address these business critical topics.
Be inspired by a range of thought-leaders who are bringing fresh thinking on how to start the conversation around EDI. Seán Fitzsimons, disabled professional, activist and member of the Disability Power 100 will co-host the event. We will feature speakers from Ulster University Business School, Citi, Tinderbox, Beyond Skin, Outburst Arts and The Black Box. Attendees will enjoy performances from Black Moon DJ Twister, and guitarist Sara, participant in Musicians Artists at Risk Resettlement Scheme.
Prepare to have your preconceptions challenged, and your minds opened to new ways to ensure that equality, diversity and inclusion are drivers of your business success story.
- Seán Fitzsimons, Disability Policy Professional and Activist
- Professor Gillian Armstrong, Director of Business Engagement, Ulster University Business School
- Dr Kristel Miller, Reader in Innovation and Strategy, Ulster University Business School
- Darren Ferguson, Founder/CEO, Beyond Skin
- Ruth McCarthy, Artistic Director/CEO, Outburst Arts
- Rachael Campbell-Palmer, Director, The Black Box
- Patrick J O'Reilly, Artistic Director, Tinderbox Theatre Co
- Graeme Craft, Belfast CSC, Business Office Manager, Citi
- Sara Allen, Belfast CSC, Comms Manager, Citi
- Mark Patty, DJ Twister
- Artist known as Sara
See more about our speakers and performers in the event brochure.
Please note this is an in-person event with buffet lunch. Free to attend.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place and advise if you have any access or dietary requirements.
This event has ended
12:00PM - 02:00PM
The Black Box