Undergraduate study in School of Geography and Environmental Sciences
If you are interested in the natural environment, human interactions with it and environmental problem-solving, then our courses are for you.
- We teach approximately 350 undergraduate students.
- We are well-known across the University for being a friendly School and for getting to know our students well.
- We have extensive state-of-the-art resources available to help you in your studies; these range from dedicated laboratory spaces to a 24 hour access Library to a transport fleet of four wheel drives, quads and a variety of boats.
- Best of all, we are located in a fantastic natural environment that gives us field work resources right on our doorstep.
Our undergraduate courses are delivered over three years full-time at the Coleraine campus. You can also opt to combine your academic studies with an additional study year abroad or a year in industrial placement providing you with an additional qualification.
- Diploma in International Academic Studies (DIAS): Broaden your horizons through an exchange year in Europe undertaking training, environmental courses and independent research.
- Diploma in Professional Practice (DPP): Apply and test your knowledge in the ‘real world’ by undertaking a supervised placement year of work experience in a local business environment or somewhere further afield.