The Honourable the Irish Society Scholarships will provide two scholarships of £3,000 for each year of the four-year degree programme.
Students from Northern Ireland who are applying for our Graduate Entry Medicine programme, starting in August 2021 are eligible to apply.
Applications are accepted between 5-16 July 2021 for students starting the MBBS programme in August 2021.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- hold Northern Ireland residency status
- hold an offer for the Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme starting in August 2021 and have met the academic entry criteria
- be eligible for Northern Ireland tuition fee status at Ulster University
- have an annual household income of £27,434 or less based on the median annual earnings (Oct. 2019)
- meet at least one of these criteria:
- be the main carer for a family member or dependent
- be care experienced
- receive disability living allowance or personal independence payments or other benefits
- live permanently in an area of high deprivation/low participation (Quintile 1). You can check eligibility using the ISRA postcode checker.
- attend or have attended a secondary school with a Free School Meal Entitlement of 50% or more. You can check eligibility on the Department for Education website.
Save the Dates
- Applications open: 5 July 2021
- Applications close: 16 July 2021
- Decision made: 30 July 2021
- Applicants notified : w/c 2 August 2021
Please note, applications for 2021 entry have now closed.