Optum Healthcare Scholarship
Open to students from Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
The Optum Healthcare Scholarship will provide two scholarships of €2,500 for each of the four-year degree programme.
Students from Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland who are applying for our Graduate Entry Medicine programme, starting in August 2021 are eligible to apply.
Priority will be given to students with home addresses in the 'North West City Region' of Donegal and Derry City and Strabane District Council areas.
Application are accepted between 5-16 July 2021 for students starting the MBBS programme in August 2021.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- hold an offer for the Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme starting in August 2021 and have met the academic entry criteria
- not get any grants or funding that assist with registration fees or living expenses for the MBBS programme
- have attended an educational institution (including any school, college, university or equivalent) on the Island of Ireland; OR
- be ordinarily resident on the Island of Ireland for at least three years preceding the application
You must also be able to provide supporting documents as evidence if you:
- are resident in the priority ‘North West City Region’ of Donegal and Derry City and Strabane District Council areas
- are recognised as coming from a socio-economically disadvantaged background
- experience other emotional, physical, cultural or social obstacles that affect your access to third-level education
Save the Dates
- applications open: 5 July 2021
- applications close: 16 July 2021
- selection process and decisions made: 23rd July 2021
You can bookmark this page as details will be available here closer to the application date.