Heat Decarbonisation Pathways for Northern Ireland - The reality will be somewhere in the middle
We would like to invite you to our Final Stakeholder Engagement Workshop
"Heat Decarbonisation Pathways for Northern Ireland"
The event will be a blend of keynotes and panel discussions on:
- What are the strategic visions for heat decarbonisation from key stakeholders in NI heat sector?
- What are the current barriers and opportunities for heat decarbonisation?
- How can the low carbon heat technologies work together with new low carbon agenda?
- What are the missing pieces of the puzzle – in technology, finance, regulations, behavioral change, and business models?
We will present our findings from the project, which has involved a wide range of stakeholders in the series of workshops discussing opportunities and barriers towards low carbon heating systems in Northern Ireland.
We would like to hear your ideas on future prospects of heat decarbonisation in Northern Ireland.
This is the final workshop organised under the UKERC sponsored networking project “Zero-IN on NI Heat”
Speakers for the event
- Richard Rodgers, Head of Energy, Department for the Economy
- Jenny Pyper, Chief Executive of Utility Regulators, UREGNI
- Roger Henderson, NI Electricity Networks
- Prof Stuart Hawksworth, Head of the Centre for Energy and Major Hazards,
- Grainia Long, Belfast City Council
- Ciaran McGrath Derry and Strabane City Council
- Pat Austin, Director, NEA Northern Ireland
- Prof Neil Hewitt, Head of Belfast School of Architecture & the Built Environment, Ulster University
- Prof Phillip Griffiths, Professor of Building Physics, Belfast School of Architecture & the Built Environment, Ulster University
- Dr Niall Kerr, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Richard Lowes, University of Exeter,
- Dr Caterina Brandoni, Lecturer, Ulster University
- Dr Inna Vorushylo, Lecturer and project lead "Zero-in on NI heat", Ulster University
Save the date and see you at the event!