Irish Studies Summer Programme
Ulster University is delighted to announce its fourth annual Irish Studies Summer School.
The only summer school of its kind in Ireland
Discover the Irish language, Irish history and cultureWatch the video
Irish studies summer school details
Commencing on June 28 2017, this 6-week, fully-accredited program will enable you to experience Irish studies across drama, film, history, literature, peace & conflict, archaeology and politics.
You will be introduced to some of the most beautiful and culturally rich regions of Ireland.
You will spend time in counties Antrim, Tyrone, Derry and Donegal with the summer school culminating in a week long, totally unique Irish language immersion in Gaoth Dobhair (Gweedore) – the vibrant and Irish-speaking region of breath-taking, County Donegal.
“I wouldn’t change a thing – it’s been unreal. I’d recommend it to anyone!” Joey Shallow (Cabrini College, PA)
|June 26 - 27||June 28||August 05||6 weeks|
Apply now for the Irish studies summer school
Download our brochure for programme information.Download
In addition to spending a week in beautiful Donegal, other program highlights include overnight stays and/or day trips to:
- The O'Neil Kingdom, County Tyrone
- Antrim Castle and Gardens
- Doagh Famine Village
- Titanic Belfast and Game of Thrones film set
- Belfast City
- The Giant's Causeway (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
The program is an all-inclusive package which includes:
- Transfers to and from Belfast International/Dublin airport on arrival/departure date
- Arrival dates: June 26 & 27
- Departure date: August 05
- All registration & tuition fees (including computer & library access)
- 3-4 nights B&B in Belfast, Antrim and Tyrone
- 4 weeks private en-suite apartment with communal kitchen facilities & WiFi
- Field-trips & excursions to sites of cultural & historical significance
- 1 week residential in County Donegal (including Irish language tuition & social activities each evening)