As members of the UNESCO international education network, UNESCO Chair holders are encouraged to act as 'bridge builders'
This involves establishing and sustaining dynamic links between the academic world, civil society, local communities and policy‑makers. Through the work of both the Chair, Professor Alan Smith, and the wider staff of the Centre many such links have been cultivated on both a local and global level. Here are just some of our partnerships from within the UNESCO Chair Network.
- UNESCO Chair, Children, Youth and Civic Engagement, University of Galway
- UNESCO Chair, Rural Community, Leadership, Youth Development, Penn State University
- UNESCO Chair, Inclusive Urbanism, University of Chicago
- UNESCO Chair, Adult Literacy and Learning for Social Transformation, University of East Anglia, UK
- UNESCO Chair, TVET and Lifelong Learning, Hong Kong Education University
- UNESCO Chairs Network
- Global Network of UNESCO Chairs on Children, Youth, and Communities, Penn State University
- IS Academie Education and International Development, University of Amsterdam
- Centre for Research in International and Comparative Education, University of Malaya,
- Centre for International Education (CIE), University of Sussex
- Centre for Education and International Development, Institute of Education, University London
- UNESCO IIEP, Paris
- UNICEF HQ and Country Offices Sierra Leone and Uganda