Five prison researchers present their unique PhD findings on the needs, attitudes and experiences of prisoners and staff in the North and South of Ireland, during a period of transition for both prison systems...
Chaired by Dr Linda Moore (Senior Lecturer, Ulster University).
- Conor Murray (Ulster University): ‘“Can’t Hack the Whack”: Exploring Young Men’s Experiences of Time in Prison Through the Lens of Masculinity’
- Sarah Lawrence (Queen’s University Belfast): ‘The Disciplined Body’
- Joe Garrihy (University College Dublin): ‘Prison Officers’ Occupational Culture and Identity’
- Dr Colette Barry (Dublin Institute of Technology): ‘Dealing with Death in Irish Prisons: Staff Experiences of Responding to Prisoner Deaths in Custody’
- Conall O’Rourke (Queen’s University Belfast): ‘History of Abuse and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in Female Offenders’
Entry is free - book your place here.
This event has ended
Monday 6 November
6.30pm to 8pm
Black Box, 18-22 Hill Street, Belfast BT1 2LA