As part of Inclusive Creativity/Hearts of STEM 2017 and the Walled City Music Festival, we are delighted to be running FREE WORKSHOPS for the general public! These workshops are suitable for anyone with an interest in arts, technology and issues of inclusion and accessibility and will be run at levels from beginners to intermediate.
These workshops are supported by Garfield Weston, Walled City Music and Ulster’s School of Creative Arts and Technologies (Magee campus) and Arts and Humanities Research Institute.
Workshop partners include: Nerve Centre/the FabLab, Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin, the Inner City Trust, Movin Music Academy and Something Special.
Workshops will include the following topics:
INTRODUCTORY LEVEL: Tablets for Music Production and Performance
- Free software for tablets and iPads to control music-making software
- simple web-based interfaces for touch control of sound and music using free/inexpensive apps,
- Interfacing with Ableton Live and Logic.
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL: Sensors, Instrument Design, Creative Technologies
- Simple DIY sensors for control of sound, using Arduino,
- Pure Data, simple coding and sound design. Standalone
- Making digital controllers using Intel Galileo and simple code.
Workshops will take place at venues throughout Derry/Londonderry including the Foyle Arts Building (Magee campus) and the Craft Village.
Times: 12 noon to 4 pm
Dates and topics:
- Tuesday 16th May (Foyle Arts Building): INTERMEDIATE: simple sensors, digital instrument design, creative technologies
- Friday 19th May (Foyle Arts Building): INTRODUCTORY: tablets for music production and performance
- Wed 24th May (Foyle Arts Building): INTRODUCTORY: tablets for music production and performance
- Thursday 25th May (Ebrington): INTRODUCTORY: tablets for music production and performance
- Friday 26th May (Craft Village): INTERMEDIATE: simple sensors, digital instrument design, creative technologies
To book a place on these workshops or if you have any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org